Here is a video taken today from the ceramics camp taking place in our art room this week. The Club’s summer camp programs are bigger and better than ever in 2011, with day camp at six sites, as well as specialty camps offered throughout the summer.
This summer the following camps will be offered with limited space. Please call the membership office (331-3605) to inquire about availability. Sign-ups for specialty camps, except for Marge’s camp, start the Monday of the week before the camp is scheduled to begin.
- Early Entrepreneurs: June 27-30 (RM); June 27– 30 (CS/LV); July 5-8 (Teens); Aug. 1-4 (NR); Aug. 8-12 (DWR); Aug. 15-18 (DWR).
Members will travel around the University of Nevada, Reno campus and be exposed to the college experience as well as learn business tactics to become “early entrepreneurs.”
- Ceramics Camp: June 27– 30 (DWR); July 18-21(DWR).
Members will be introduced to basic hand-building, wheel-throwing, and glazing techniques through demonstrations and hands-on activities.
- Dance Camp: June 20-23 (DWR); July 11-14 (LV/CS @ LV); Aug. 8-11(RM).
Members will be taught a variety of dance styles including hip-hop and break dancing by members of the Artful Souls Dance Crew.
- Discover Artown Camp: July 25-28 (DWR).
Members will be taken all around the Truckee Meadows for a week of Artown exploration and hands-on art based activities.
- Drama Camp: July 11-14 (NR); Aug. 1-4 (DWR).
Members will learn age-appropriate acting techniques and other drama activities that are fun and encourage learning. Kids will rehearse and perform a play.
- Get Fit For Life Camp: Aug. 15-19 (DWR).
Members will participate in a variety of sports activities and health presentations in order to bring awareness to members about fitness. Friday includes a field trip to Wild Waters.
- Jump Start to Middle School Camp: Aug. 8-11 (DWR)
If your child is transitioning to middle or high school this program is for them! Camps include hands-on activities and school tours.
- Marge’s Camp: July 10-15 (Girls); July 17-22 (Boys); July 24-27 (Female Teens); July 27-30 (Male Teens).
Members have the opportunity to attend an overnight camp that includes hiking, canoeing, swimming, art, educational classes, and true campfire experiences.
- Robotics Camp: June 20-23 (RM); June 27-30 (NR); July 25-29 (LV/CS @ LV); Aug. 1-4 (DWR).
Members will learn how to build robots and operate them using a computer program in order to navigate competition mazes.
- Rocket Build: July 5-8 (LV); July 11-14 (DWR); Aug. 8-11 (NR).
Members will build rockets from scratch and have a launch show at the end of the week.
- Water Polo Camp: June 13-30 (DWR), 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Mon.-Thurs.
Members will have lessons to improve swimming abilities and then learn techniques of playing water polo. *Please note this is a 3-week camp with a cost of $8 per week*
RM – Rollan Melton, CS – Cold Springs, LV – Lemmon Valley, NR – Neil Road, DWR – Donald W. Reynolds Facility, FY – Fernley