FOOD PANTRY PROJECT
Boys & Girls Club is dedicated to keeping our families fed a balanced diet through COVID-19! The Family PLUS team is working hard throughout the week to feed as many families as we possibly can. This week our families got many nonperishables as well as fresh eggs and produce! This will change weekly but we, along with the Food Bank of Northern Nevada, are doing our very best to stay stocked to feed those who need us most through this difficult time. Our Food Pantry is available on Thursdays by appointment only and dependent on availability of supplies. If you and your families are in need, please contact Anne Studebaker at 775-360-2401, or Esmeralda Flores at 775-360-2421.
GRAB N GO MEALS
M-F breakfast and lunch to drive-by families. Delivery of meals will be through a drive-by/walk-up service only, with BGCTM staff members delivering an appropriate amount of meals to each vehicle seeking assistance. Although those seeking service are not required to be a BGCTM member, in accordance with US Department of Agriculture policy, meals can only be provided to kids 18 years of age and younger (only solid food meals will be available). There is no purchase price for the meals.
Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows Provides Free Meals to Kids
(Reno) Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows (BGCTM) sites, which includes Humboldt County and Fernley, will be operating as Sumer Food Service Program (SFSP) sites as of October 1, 2020, to take advantage of an opportunity provided by the Nevada Department of Agriculture (NDA) to switch our normal in-school program to SFSP as a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic. Our SFSP service will remain in effect until December 31, 2020, unless we are provided further guidance by NDA.
As a result, breakfast, lunch, and supper meals will be provided free of cost to BGCTM members taking part in before and after-school programming and/or distance learning regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service. Meals will be provided, at a first come, first serve basis, at the sites and times as follows:
· Donald W. Reynolds Youth Center, located at 2680 E. Ninth Street, Reno, NV 89512: Breakfast 8:30-9:30 am, lunch 11:45 am to 1:00 pm, supper 3:15-4:30 pm.
· William N. Pennington Youth Center, 1300 Foster Drive, Reno, NV 89509: breakfast
8:00-9:00 am, lunch 11:45 pm to 1:00 pm, supper 3:15-4:30 pm.
· Donald L. Carano Youth Center, located at 1090 Bresson Avenue, Reno, 89502: breakfast 8:30-9:30 am, lunch 12:001:00 pm, supper 3:15-4:30 pm.
· Neil Road Youth Center, located 3905 Neil Road, Reno, NV 89502: supper only 4:00-4:30 pm.
· Lemmon Valley Youth Center, located at 325 Patrician Way, Reno, NV 89506: supper only 3:00-4:15 pm.
· Fernley Intermediate School, located at 320 US Highway 95A, Fernley, NV 89408: supper only 3:45-4:45 pm.
· Boys & Girls Club Winnemucca, located at 1973 Whitworth Way, Winnemucca, NV 89445: breakfast 8:00-9:00 am, lunch 12:00-1:00 pm, supper 4:00-5:00 pm.
· Boys & Girls Club of White Pine County: Mondays through Thursdays, supper only, 3:45-4:15 pm. Fridays only, lunch from 12:00-12:30 pm.
*During scheduled Fall Breaks periods, breakfast and lunch meals are provided.