The Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows has the following volunteer and community service opportunities:
- Self Motivated Volunteer
- Athletics Volunteer Coach
- College Course Required Community Service
- Work Required Community Service
- High School Required Community Service
- Court Ordered Community Service for youth (under 18 years)
NOTE: Court Ordered Community Service is not available for adults (18 years or older).
From playing guitar with the members of the Club to working the grounds at the Barracuda Championship (PGA TOUR Event), volunteer opportunities at the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows are wide-ranged and full of fun! If you would like to make a difference in the lives and well being of our youth, you can do so by volunteering your time as a mentor and role model.
Self motivated volunteers and college course or work required community service persons interested in giving their time to the Boys & Girls Club of Truckee Meadows are required to go through our screening process. This process will give you an idea of how the Club functions. It will also help us learn a little about you and your reasons for volunteering. The Boys & Girls Club is a youth agency. Members are aged 6 to 18, many of them looking at adults as role models. For this reason, we must make sure we have people of sound character. Prospective persons should follow the steps below:
- Complete volunteer application
- Attend New Volunteer orientation at the Donald W. Reynolds facility, 2680 East Ninth Street location on Thursdays at 4:00 p.m.. Please note the fourth Friday of every month this orientation is held in the Pennington Facility at 1300 Foster Drive in Reno. Mandatory Community Service orientations are held weekly on Tuesdays at 4:00 p.m at the Donald W. Reynolds facility, for youth 13-18 years old and who are enrolled in school.
- All volunteers 18 and over are required to be fingerprinted, at no cost the them, at Fingerprinting Express in Reno.
- Volunteers will be provided with a tour of the Donald W. Reynolds facility location.
- Once the background check has been received, reviewed and cleared the Volunteer Coordinator will assign the volunteer based on their interests and schedule.
- We offer Court ordered community service opportunities at the Donald W. Reynolds facility for individuals under 18 years of age through the juvenile justice system.
A different screening process applies to youth volunteers and youth with court ordered community service.
For more information on volunteer opportunities at the Boys & Girls Club, contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Nichelle Hull or (775) 360-2449.